Sunday, May 20, 2012

May 20

"Ask Me" ~ God
       Exactly four weeks ago we sent out an update that let you all know that our hearts are ready to 'Go Home' to the mission field. And we asked that over the next twelve weeks you would consider helping through a monthly pledge or a special offering. 
Let us tell you what has happened. While Dina and I have been agreeing in prayer together over these things for a long time, I felt the Lord specifically leading me to spend a week in concentrated prayer without seeking out any outside support. Two weeks later I sensed the Lord asking me to ask him for what I wanted him to do. We have been concerned about arriving in Costa Rica on time for our girls to begin school on August 1. But our departure date was for September 25. Honestly, it took me a while in prayer to gather the confidence to ask him boldly for what we really wanted. I sensed a gentle rebuke from him that I should just ask him, because he is our Father. So I did. I asked him to send us to Costa Rica on July 20th. And something happened.
Heaven began to move on our behalf. Over the next days our budget began to pour in. Miracles began happening all around us. As our faith continued to increase, and with our confidence firmly in the Lord, we began to take some steps of faith. On Tuesday of this week our Area Directors agreed that our departure date would be moved up from September 25 to July 20! 
Four weeks ago I did not realize that the twelve weeks we were projecting in April would end on July 20! God is for us! Dina and I continue to seek Him and believe Him for miraculous provision.
       We are now just $350 in monthly support
and $8,300 away from our goal!
Some of you have been considering partnership with us through a monthly pledge or an offering. This is the time to be a part of the miracle God has been working!
Again, we want to acknowledge the faithfulness of those who are currently part of our support team. THANK YOU for your friendship and partnership in the gospel!

2 comments:

  1. Love hearing this kind of stuff! Reminds me of Eph. 3:20-21 ('Now to Him who is able to do EXCEEDINGLY, ABUNDANTLY above all that we ask or think...to Him be glory...'). Imagine if we prayed this way all the time?!

    We think of you often and continue to pray for your family and new ministry.
    Julie and Ralph Lassa (Peru, IL AG - the bass player and his family)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Julie & Ralph! Sometimes it is difficult to exactly communicate the Lord's goodness toward our soul. The material and situational blessings are but the tip of the iceberg!

    ReplyDelete